OSE Crash Course
Last updated August 2020.
Required reading for all OSE Developers and others who are interested in collaboration:
To find out about OSE's work, study these top 16 resources if you are interested in becoming an OSE Developer:
- GVCS TED Talk - the talk that brought OSE to the world stage at TED.
- Status of Completion - Burndown graph of all machines completed
- Getting Involved - for many ways you can get involved
- OSE Mentorship - do you want to work with OSE full time and start an OSE chapter in your location? We have a program exactly for this purpose.
- OSE Specifications - the design principles behind what we do
- Extreme Manufacturing - Radically efficient, module based, parallel swarming model of social production for rapid builds
- OSE Collaboration Protocol - how we collaborate with large teams working on modules
- Extreme Enterprise - how we plan to build the first open enterprise to change the world
- OSE Model of Change - how do we approach our mission to change the world to collaborative design?
- Roadmap - for how we are getting there. 10 year roadmap for eradicating artificial scarcity.
- The New Yorker - article about the early days of OSE from 2012.
- Open Building Institute Kickstarter - effort begun in 2016, intended to make affordable ecological housing widely accessible. Builds on the GVCS tool set. Resulting experimental house model is the Seed Eco-Home.
- Product Ecologies - for how the machines fit together
- Construction Set Approach - designing the technosphere using building blocks for everything
- Open Source Product Development - how traditional product design is tending to modular and open design
- Distributive Enterprise - OSE is pioneering this new economic paradigm for the open source economy
- Open Source Everything Store - the Distributive Enterprise to disrupt Walmart
- Open Source Technology Pattern Language - from 2008 and slightly dated, but still serves as a good benchmark for a comprehensive technology kernel - and will be updated as we move forward
- Critical Path - current year's plan
- OSE Developers - invitation to people who want to help take us there
Other Notable Content
- Genealogies - development genealogies for 6 project with multiple prototypes
- Civilization Starter Kit - initial major publication, featuring the first 4 machines of the GVCS
- Prototypes Built and Cost - cost of prototyping and results up to 2013
- Press - 100s of articles from The New Yorker, Wired, Huffington Post, Inc, Time, and much more.
- OSE Boot Camp - 1 week immersion training introduced in 2018
- OSE Fellowship - 1 year full time merit-based fellowship to do something extraordinary
- Seed_Eco-Home_Index - index of all the design documents for the Seed Eco-Home
- Aquaponic Greenhouse Workshop - design and results of the 2015 Aquaponic Greenhouse build.
- 500 Modules