This section discusses cheap, open-source and DIY technologies for gathering, distributing and purifying water. These can be used to build communities that control their own water supply, or in countries where clean water is hard to come by.
See the GVCS Well-Drilling Rig.
- Build It Solar has a section on water, covering topics as:
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Fog Harvesting
- Conserving Water
- Greywater Reuse
- Solar Water Distillation (Solar Stills)
- Advanced Toilets
- Efficient Plant Watering
- Natural Swimming Pools
- Rainwater Gardens
- Random Water Ideas
- OpenSource Wiki for Water and Sanitation:
- Appropedia water portal
- Aquaeous Solutions: Open Source for Self-Reliance in drinking Water Systems
- Stockholm Environment Institute - Ecological Sanitation Research: Sustainable Sanitation for the developing world; not open source but most publications are free of charge and worth reading! part of the SIDA (see below again)
Global Water Partnership: from the website: "founded in 1996 by the World Bank, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) to foster integrated water resource management (IWRM)..."
provides a free Toolbox - Open Database:
Toolbox Manual on PDF, provided by Boku:
Free Repository of shared water information from Tufts University:
Lifewater Library: Lifewater is a religious organisation, the library is free, but copyright on the articles varies
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Waste Water Treatment (26 P)
Pages in category "Water"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.