Collaborative Video Protocol
(Redirected from Collaborative Video Edit Protocols)
Method evolves to:
- Use the OSE Video Gallery
- Video libraries on wiki, as Galleries, describing content and providing thumbnail as well as link to source. See Video Assets.
- Using Open Source Video Repositories for high quality footage - video and picture.
- Using Open Source Soundtrack Repositories, voiceover repos, and sweetener repos
- Using the above, the method is simple: start a wiki page using the Collaborative Video Editing Template, and provide a Kdenlive edit file and link to assets.
- Assets management involves - all video/media can be stored on Google Photos as shared albums. Soundtracks and voiceovers can also be managed via Google Photos if they are turned into videos.
- The secret weapon here is Google Photos, or any online storage site. Public albums can be created for specific videos. That means that all assets live in the grand Google Photos database - which can be federated as shared folders from others. Then, any specific edit creates a new album for that specific video, so that asset manipulation does not involve copying files in the repo: simply albums are used. Anyone who is editing can download that entire album to their desktop.
- The key to effective management is to create categories of feed clips that are well organized by topics. Such as for OSE - Machines, People, Swarm Builds, Houses, Collaboration, CAD Design, Classroom Teaching, Workshop Sizzle Reel, Aquaponics, animations, intro-outro sequences - so when editing - these well-organized can literally be matched to an existing scripts - and eventually - video production could literally be automated while retaining extremely high quality. An algorithm for this can be created. Initially, people can do the algorithm, but there is no reason why this couldn't and shouldn't be automated with weak artificial intelligence, then strong.
- Spend time organizing all footage and creating numerous albums, and wiki galleries at OSE Video Gallery
- Extract small clips from most useful videos, exporting them in the highest quality possible- ie use Lossless Rendering in Kdenlive but moreso Lossless Extraction of Video Clips because rendering increases memory size. Add these clips to the OSE Video Gallery.
- Create OSE Soundtrack Gallery from Open Source Soundtrack Repositories. The former is specific to known OSE video needs, whereas the latter is comprehensive.
OSE Individual Edit Protocol 2020
Standad format of an MVP video edit uses Kdenlive and is:
- Background image on black background, faded in and out - Video Intro Logo
- Audacity is used for Noise_Removal_from_Sound if needed
- Credits - use Video Credits Template. Download a JPG image for use in the edit.
- Can use Outro if getting ambitious. Optional.
- Background music - Pling by Jaspertine is a good one. Not critical but nice to have. See also Open Source Soundtracks
Collaborative Process Specification
- Upload Kdenlive video edit file to a public repo such as a wiki, gitlab, or any of a wide range of public options. Example - https://github.com/OpenSourceEcology/Collaborative-Video-Protocol
- Upload video source files to
Youtubeor other file sharing repositories suuch as Google Photos, PeerTube, or other location. Youtube is convenient. The original mp4 upload was 720HD. The Youtube download, was also 720HD with no visible downgrade of quality. But file size reduced from 370MB to 45MB - 8x. Thus - editing should be done from the downloaded files. This was for a 4 minute clip - so essentially 10 MB per minute.. YouTube no longer allows downloads.
- Upload graphics to a public repository. This can include the OSE wiki if under 1 MB.
- Upload sound to a public repository or youtube
- With all files uploaded, start a wiki page called Video Name Collaborative Video - with links to the Kdenlive file and all supporting files. This is completely scalable - and files can be anywhere. As long as the links are provided - remote editing can happen.
- Use the OSE Forum to discuss edits.
- A convenient way to store footage is exemplified here - gallery + thumbnail created manually + link to source video. Seed Home v2 Build Pictures and Video. Collaborative video assets should be part of any development project. Once assets are accessible digitiallyu and organized like an asset bank - creating videos is easy. This can fit with standard OSE protocols of keeping a Work Log and using the Dev+ Template for product development.
- Download the Kdenlive edit file.
- Download all source files - video, graphics, sound, other. Download and save using the exact filename provided - as uploaded by the original author - do not change filenames - so that the Kdenlive edit file recognizes all the source files.
- Place them all in the same folder on your desktop - along with your Kdenlive edit file
- Begin editing. Work only with downloaded files - not sources from your desktop - to assure that everyone is using identical assets
- As soon as you finish your session, upload the cut to the public repo with version control.
- To continue editing, download the edit file from the public repo.
- Video - 
- Video Memory Requirements.
- Crowdfunded Video Production
- Collaborative Video Editing
- Raspberry Pi Tablet Specification
- Open Source Soundtracks
- Video editing standards from Mattheiu Lietaert from 2015 - Interactive Video
- Novacut - https://launchpad.net/novacut