Collaborative Video Protocol
OSE Individual Edit Protocol
Standad format of an MVP video edit uses Kdenlive and is:
- Background image on black background, faded in and out - Video Intro Logo
- Audacity is used for Noise_Removal_from_Sound if needed
- Credits - use Video Credits Template. Download a JPG image for use in the edit.
- Can use Outro if getting ambitious. Optional.
- Background music - Pling by Jaspertine is a good one. Not critical but nice to have. See also Open Source Soundtracks
Collaborative Process Specification
- Upload Kdenlive video edit file to a public repo such as a wiki or gitlab. Example - https://github.com/OpenSourceEcology/Collaborative-Video-Protocol
- Upload video source files to Youtube or other file sharing repositories.
- Youtube is convenient. The original mp4 upload was 720HD. The Youtube download, was also 720HD with no visible downgrade of quality. But file size reduced from 370MB to 45MB - 8x. Thus - editing should be done from the downloaded files. This was for a 4 minute clip - so essentially 10 MB per minute.
- Upload graphics to a public repository
- Upload sound to a public repository or youtube
- With all files uploaded, start a wiki page called Video Name Collaborative Edit - with links to the Kdenlive file and all supporting files. This is completely scalable - and files can be anywhere. As long as the links are provided - remote editing can happen.
- Download the Kdenlive edit file.
- Download all source files - video, graphics, sound, other. Download and save using the exact filename provided - as uploaded by the original author - do not change filenames - so that the Kdenlive edit file recognizes all the source files.
- Place them all in the same folder on your desktop - along with your Kdenlive edit file
- Begin editing. Work only with downloaded files - not sources from your desktop - to assure that everyone is using identical assets
- As soon as you finish your session, upload the cut to the public repo with version control.
- To continue editing, download the edit file from the public repo.
- Video -