[ Kienle Log | Kienle ToDo | Sandbox | OSE Wiki Templates | Everybody's Hours | Wiki formatting ]Daily Log of Tasks
Currently taking MITx-2008x-Fundamentals-of-Manufacturing-Processes-learning-page
Currently working on D3D Universal With Dual Z Axis Version 1 0 0
Oct 4: Big Printer, day 4
- File:D3dcablechain beginning.stl has width of 0.88in
- scale to 2in with 2.2x with https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Draft_Scale -- fails
- clone first then modify scale property
Sep 20-23: Printer build
- Prusa screw sheet
- D3D Pro Wiring Guide https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1hk2IKYelvJTJ7xKvCH8Cx-I-GJLWSxvOn5pSqwbtmA8/edit#slide=id.gaa2adb4e20_0_19
Tue Sep 14
Listen to and ToC'ed 120 Design Lessons - Day 24  - test file: File:Square calib file.fcstd
Sat Aug 14
Wed Jul 28
Media:OSE free cad certified v2-1a.svg.zip File:OSE free cad certified v2-1a.svg.zip
FreeCAD Badge submission
- What were the videos that you studied to learn FreeCAD? Please include links. I have been learning FreeCAD with version 0.19. I have primarily used the offical Wiki documentation. Some resources I collected:
- flowwies corner https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGwIx_PzM_zE3FKhZRbygQ
- FreeCAD Tutorial Part5 More 2D Constraints https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvHJdNfl0TU
- workflow https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Feature_editing#Body_building_workflow
- tutorial chrisb (PDF) https://owncloud.gwdg.de/index.php/s/eZisrfTTCCjDEd9/download
- tutorial (triangles, golden ration, etc.) https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Sketcher_Tutorial
- best practice for a square https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Sketcher_Micro_Tutorial_-_Constraint_Practices
- major change from 0.16 -> 0.17 https://wiki.freecadweb.org/PartDesign_Legacy (page deleted!)
- Was Lesson 3A and 3B from FreeCAD 101 sufficient? How could we improve the lessons so you can get the FreeCAD Badge faster? I did not watch them (before doing the exercise). The vidoes are a bit rough and a bit lengthy, but nicely illustrate the hands-on approach that OSE takes.
- How long did it take you to install FreeCAD 16? With AppImage, it is trivial. (But I am used to doing that. Biggest hurdle on Linux is to make the file executable, I imagine.)
- How long did it take you to learn the skill to perform the Feature-on-a-Feature Exercise? Cannot say, because I had some experience with FreeCAD 0.19 before. The major pain for me was the regression to 0.16:
- few shortcut keys and different pull-down menus
- less consistent sketcher interactions
- external geometry tool in the sketcher is more limited (it took me quite a while to find out what's working)
- occasional crashes
Wed Jul 22, 2021
Prepare for and record FreeCAD_Badge.
Sat Jul 17, 2021
Wed Sep 16, 2020
Read Open Source Automated Electromagnetic Coil Winder, would be nice to come up with a design to leveraged as many parts from the D3D Universal as possible
Tue Aug 4, 2020
Air D3D Universal BOM International
Like the idea of language-agnostic instructional (LAI) 
Tue Jul 7, 2020
Read OSE and semantic versioning Versioning
Sat May 16, 2020
Read D3D v20.04.27 Future Work
Read Chinese Open Source
Sun Apr 26, 2020
Started D3D Grid (design proposal to make the parts adhere to a grid-based standard)
Fri Apr 24, 2020
Thu Apr 23, 2020
Started docu on second z-axis with HackMD  (Should be incorporated into the OSE docu in some form later on.)
Mon Apr 20, 2020
Made a pass over Semantic Versioning. (Found out the hard way that the Wiki's conflict resolution is horrible.)
Sat Apr 18, 2020
Read article  about Good Jobs Institute.
Started Collaboration Tools
Read The "Poor Can Only Afford to Buy A Tool Once" Issue
Fri Apr 17, 2020
Experimented with HackMD  and worked on an example how a part (screw DIN912 M6) could be documented (editing and commenting enabled for everyone with the link): https://hackmd.io/@hkienle/screw-m6-18mm/edit
Apr 9, 2020
Added to Inductive Sensor
Mar 2, 2020
OSE Linux with Flatpak?
Fri Feb 28, 2020
Watched video with Gabe Log 
Tue Feb 11, 2020
Started Licensing Templates.
Stumbled over the sys admin User:Maltfield.
Started to look into licenses and legal stuff Category:Policies. Very happy to see that OSE favors reciprocal (GPL and CC SA) licenses!
Mon Feb 10, 2020
Added to PWM Power Control 
Filled out Workshop Feedback Form . Results are publicly visible, which I find interesting, but perhaps a privacy problem if ppl are not aware of it.
Watched Q&A with Benoit and logged key points on YT  Read and improved Second Toyota Paradox, but need to read to original paper (paywall) to really understand what is going on.
Sun Feb 9, 2020
Uploaded more videos to YT playlist and improved videos' explanations. Add playlist link to Collaborative Video Assets
Listened and commented Mitch Altman video .
Sat Feb 8, 2020
Filled out Enterprise Development Survey.
Sat Feb 1, 2020 - STEAM Camp day 8
Sat Jan 28, 2020 - STEAM Camp day 4
virtual meeting (US) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr91hRyB6Zk
Sat Jan 25, 2020 - STEAM Camp day 1
Fri Jan 24, 2020
Read Daily Log of Tasks and created this page.
Wed Jan 22, 2020
Skimmed FreeCAD 101.
Watched OSE FreeCAD Tutorials#OSE FreeCAD Tutorial 1 (Sketcher workbench). Boy, that was fast, impressive video.
Watched Basic FreeCAD Workflow (YouTube) and followed along. Notes about 3D printing:
- 49:36 printer inaccuracies (press-fit vs. loose-fit)
- 50:45 production engineering means documenting cad/printer interdependence
- 52:00 printing in mid-air
- 57:00 LulzBot has FreeCAD files