CEB Press/Manufacturing Instructions/Hopper supports
The hopper supports attach to the hopper, and attaches to the main frame via leg holders. They also hold the Soil Shaker
- 2 pieces 48" long - 1/4”x2”x2” tubing
- Soil Shaker (this should be dis-assembled, although you can do it assembled, its just heavier and more difficult to manouver.)
- 3/4"x1 1/2" bolts (2)
- Torch away the necessary areas. See Diagrams.
- The holes for the hopper mounting need to be 28" away from the bottom side. Mark 28" on the opposite tubing walls and torch 1/2" holes. Insure a 1/2" bolt goes all the way thru.
- Torch the cutaway at the top and the slot.
- Grind away any slag.
- Lay one support on the table, with the grate mount hole touching the table.
- Tighten 3/4" bolts with nuts to the Soil Shaker so the bolt head is where the hammer will be.
- Prop this up on the leg, so the first bolt is about 2" above the 28" hole both bolts are touching the support.
- Mark which side of the shaker you are welding the bolts for.
- Tack the bolts in place, remove the nuts and dismount the shaker.
- Protect the threads, and finish welding the bolts to the support.
- You are only doing this on one of the supports, the other side, you will do in place, so the spacing is correct.