CEB Press/Manufacturing Instructions/Roller guides
< CEB Press | Manufacturing Instructions(Redirected from CEB Press Build Instructions/Roller guides)
See also CEB Press/Bill of Materials
- Hole punch or drill with 1/2” bit
- Angle Grinder
You need 2 roller guides. Each one requires the following:
- 1/2”x3”x16” plate (1)
- Spacer plate (1) (One roller guide will use a 3/8" thick plate, and the other will use a 1/2" plate)(these can be scrap, but need to be smaller than 3”x9.5”)
- 1/2”x2” bolt (1)
- 12mm x 50mm bolts (2)
- 1/2” nut (1)
- 12mm nuts (2)
- 1/2” washer (1)
- 1/2” lock washer (1)
- 12mm lock washers (4)
- V Groove bearing 12mm Buy
- Punch 1/2” diameter holes in 1/2”x3”x16” plate. (3 holes) See diagram.
- Put 1/2” bolt thru the center hole and weld it in place.
- Punch a hole for the bolt welded to main plate. This should be centered horizontally, and placed vertically so that the spacer plate doesn't stick out from the main plate.
- Grind off the top of the bolts so that the head is 1/4” thick or less. (This is so that the bolts will not be touching the drawer as it slides in and out.)
- On the 12mm bolts, place, in the following order, the V groove bearings, one lock washer, the main plate, one lock washer, the 12mm nut. The bearings should be on the side of the 1/2” bolt head.
- Place one of these on each end of the main plate.
- Tighten them down.
- On the side with the 1/2” bolt threads, place the spacer plate** on the bolt.
- The two roller guides will be identical, except for that one will have a 1/2” spacer plate, and the other will have a 3/8” spacer plate (this is to properly space the guides to the rails on the drawers).