OSE Milestones Map
(Redirected from OSE Milestones)
Summary as of 2020
Newest on top.
- Extreme Manufacturing - one day builds of machines from scratch with swarms
- Module-Based Design - formulating the practice of breaking down technology into modular components for rapid parallel build, using erector-set, lego-set like construction for mechanical, precision machining, and power electronic areas
- XM for housing - 5 day build of Seed Eco-Home
- Technology Modules - formulated concept that all of human technology can be built from 500 scalable, modular building blocks
- Scalability has been proven with the Universal Axis and Tractor Construction Set
- Universal Axis - construction set for CNC machines, now powering the 3D Printer Design Workbench
- Construction Set Approach - building multiple machines from the same parts
- Vision - clarified
- Distributive Enterprise - the next economic model
- Open Source Economy - defined
- Incentive Challenge development protocol theorized
- STEAM Camps developed for widespread education on practical skills
- Distributed Market Substitution theorized for how we transition to the next economy
- D3D Pro and D3D Universal product sales begun.
Other Notable Accomplishments:
- 3D Printer Workbench - first design workbench has been started for one of the 50 GVCS machines
Mapping out major milestones:
- First machine built;
- Crowd Funding Started.
- 8 Prototype completed
- 100+ prototypes completed
- GVCS in 2 Minutes Video gets project to world stage
- first machine sold;
- CSKDVD v0.01.
- Workshop build.
- TED Fellow. TED Senior Fellow.TED Talk. Shuttleworth Fellow. $500k funding reached for 1 year.
- First Production Run clears $25k.
- First Collab Production Run.
- First replication.
- TED Talk reaches 1M hits.
- 15 unique prototypes reached.
- 13 machines replicated to date.
- 24 machines replicated to date in 13 countries
- Distributive Enterprise concept seminal paper in MIT Innovations Journal.
- Adoption of OSHWA standards and extension to Distributive Enterprise.
- 1 day production run of heavy machines
- 5 day build of Seed Eco-Home, 1250 sf
- Remote realtime documentation achieved
- Modular build method developed
- Ability to stabilize and run a Distributive Enterprise on autopilot, including ability to replicate the same
- Construction Set approach verified
- XM DE Workshop revenue model proven
- First enterprise replication
- Viral replication of machines (1000s per year threshold)
- Distributive Enterprise becomes a popular case study in business schools
- 3 month product development cycle and 1 year time scale to $1B enterprises (normalizing the results of Bold
- Construction Set approach verified and scaled
- Open Source Economy created.
- Nobel Peace Prize equivalent effort reached
- OSE Roadmap - shows general path. Milestones shows future milestones on Kardashev Scale proprotions
- OSE Bootstrap Funding Milestones
- Book - Milestones
- Technical Milestones - requirement for GVCS completion