- 1 Fri Oct 9, 2020
- 2 Wed Sep 30, 2020
- 3 Tue Sep 29, 2020
- 4 Mon Sep 28, 2020
- 5 Sun Sep 27, 2020
- 6 Fri Sep 25, 2020
- 7 Fri Sep 11, 2020
- 8 Fri Sep 4, 2020
- 9 Tue Sep 1, 2020
- 10 Thu Aug 13, 2020
- 11 Fri Jul 24, 2020
- 12 Sat Jul 11, 2020
- 13 Wed Jul 8, 2020
Fri Oct 9, 2020
Set up remote screen control.
Over 1 hour remotely - teach a person to do FreeCAD
- Open FreeCAD
- Upper Left - click page with plus sign
- Start using OSE Linux v2
Move to Google - https://meet.google.com/pjd-xfwp-gvh
- Select - Part Design Workbench
- Remote Desktop Control
- Learn How to Embed Google Docs on the Wiki
- End of October
- STEM cycle - starts January.
- STEAM in South Africa - lots of corporates support STEAM, such as Lesego's employers
- Build the thing
- Red Bull - exposition included - corporates are invited. Focus around a build of go-karts.
- General public participates - enter a group.
Wed Sep 30, 2020
Prepared the 3D printed parts to compare cost between SA and USA, the parts are issued to the local printers.
Tue Sep 29, 2020
Worked a bit on the freecad tutorial 1 & 2, at a glance. aiming to catch the workbenched concept
Mon Sep 28, 2020
Building and working on the Live USB Compilation to comply with OSE Linux (Ubuntu). The creation was completed successfully. Checked the system it's operating successfully.
Sun Sep 27, 2020
Fri Sep 25, 2020
3D printing for education in South Africa, while introducing entrepreneurial, open source product development.
Fri Sep 11, 2020
- Shipping 4 lb of parts to Johannesburg -
- Please fill Initial Fellow-in-Training Assessment
- Lesego Roadmap
- Lesego Long Term Vision
- Collaboration 101 - video chat and more
- Pro BOM - 
- Pro 3 - printer with 18" bed - D3D v20.04.27
Fri Sep 4, 2020
Tue Sep 1, 2020
Payment 1 sent.
Thu Aug 13, 2020
- Sees interest in heavy machines
- Got a little bit into 3D printing
- 2 months backlog from COVID, now lower risk. Catching up at work now.
- After 4-5 months will review if can spend more than 20 hours/week
- Wants a chapter.
- Engineers, mechanical, structural, electrical. Has a permanent team of lead engineers.
- Metallurgical, process engineer - Lesego
- Junior engineers, not permanent.
- Mining. Process plant - they don't do greenfield (from scratch). Goes into operations that exist, or expansion. Feasibility studies.
- Spiral system for washing chrome. Did a small plant. Electrical motors. Cheaper to run on electrical.
- 'I'm a metallurgist'.
- Production and smelting facility, and creating the opportunity for others. Interested in steel.
- 3 steps in PMG - 1. concentrate by crushing, expose mineral. 2. Flotation or spiral, float - cocentration. You add surfactants. Aerophilic. Depressors. Silicates and other oxides - makes them more hydrophilic so they sink. Xanphaste,
- Xanphate - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanthate#:~:text=Xanthate%20usually%20refers%20to%20a,most%20xanthate%20salts%20are%20yellow.
- 600 rand pay in conulting work
- Frother - petro-based materials
- Easier to buy the concentrate - chromate, and then mix with iron source to get ferrochrome
- South Africa is the window to Africa.
- Obviously I want it all. Agile and rapid development. Printer + Torch first. Then heavy machines.
- Movement entreneurship - yes! Always looked for goals beyond reach.
- Pressing world issue - priviliges at the cost of many people. Being forgotten... View is opposite.
- So OSE can help on this issue.
- Skill soft skill ok. But practical skills of building things is the missing link. More artisinal.
- Artisinal people would make more money. Practical skills are a must.
Fri Jul 24, 2020
Sat Jul 11, 2020
South Africa BOM
Wed Jul 8, 2020
Video of Interest submitted - https://vimeo.com/436360890