I want to give people production power. I have a Master's in engineering physics and love self-replication. It is my tool to create and distribute production power. I love it in ideas, in free software, in RepRaps, in workshops and in complete enterprises.
January 23, 2017
January 9 - 13, 2017
- Participated in Nordic FabLab bootcamp. Working document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1naM42hi3TyHskYq9mH_Fib52vonI1crsvGKaxWBzSGg/edit#
December 14, 2016
- Testing line buildup compensation: 
December 11, 2016
- Made Hangprinter compensate for line buildup on spools. See new code in repo.
- Blog post about it: 
December 8, 2016
December 4, 2016
- Article on Opena's work on plastic recycling: http://opena.info/2016/12/04/threesome-plastic-recycling-open-source-circular-economy/
November 29, 2016
November 28, 2016
November 23, 2016
- Gave Hangprinter worm drive on D-axis and a better extruder: new branch in repo
- Discovered OpenSCAD animations. Example from OskarLinde: 
November 20, 2016
November 18, 2016
November 7, 2016
November 3, 2016
November 2, 2016
November 1, 2016
- Designing workshop concept with Opena. It will include RepRap Assembly and plastic recycling machines. Working doc: 
October 24, 2016
October 21, 2016
- Demonstrated Hangprinter at Oslo Skaperfestival (Maker Faire): https://vitana.se/opr3d/tbear/index.html#oslo_skaperfestival_2016
September 26, 2016
September 23, 2016
- Wrote blog post discussing Hangprinter homing
September 21, 2016
- Looking at Haydon linear actuator as option for easily built RepRap design.
- Updated Servos with more sources.
- Wrote blog post presenting two-motor extruder concept and commenting on servos
September 19, 2016
September 14, 2016
- Registered Ludvigsen 3d-printing and the Hangprinter for 3d printing festival
- Contacted Smykkeskolen about cooperation around starting FabLab in Larvik, arranging meeting...
- Continued discussion about gcode modularity
September 13, 2016
- Lively discussion about gcode modularity in RepRap forum thread.
- Got in touch with creator of RepRap Dollo
- Emailed thesis to Jo Prusa
- Yearly finiancial statements report for my limited company using Gnucash approved by Norwegian tax authorities
September 8-10, 2016
- Field visit to Fellesverkstedet FabLab, Åpen Sone hackerspace, Teknoteket Makerspace and Bitaf Hackerspace in Oslo.
- Vbird is a good start at a scalable, cheap, good linear actuator design
- Attended when Koka and Bernt Isak Wærstad gave a distributed musical experience at Birtraf
September 7, 2016
- Installed GuixSD on laptop by following these steps. Extra time spent due to GuixSD being in beta very noticeable.
September 6, 2016
- New blog post: http://vitana.se/opr3d/tbear/index.html#portable_gcode_1
- Discussion in portable gcode thread
- Continued discussion in forum thread about lead screw for RepRap X and Y axes
September 5, 2016
- Poll RepRap forums for interest in modular gcode: http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,705311
- Found good method for establishing a reference operating system: Specify a Guix configuration file. Guix VM creation seems easier than earlier proposed Docker image solution for D3D-Porteus distribution. See https://archive.fosdem.org/2016/schedule/event/deployments_with_gnu_guix/
June 16, 2016
- Master's approved.
- Approved version of thesis: File:Thesis.pdf
June 10, 2016
- Defended Master's: File:Thesis presentation tobben.pdf
June 7, 2016
- Got a Chromebook into D3D_Live_ISO#Computer_Models_Verified_to_Boot =)
June 6, 2016
June 5, 2016
- Working on presentation: File:Thesis presentation tobben.pdf
June 2, 2016
- A couple of new laptop models: D3D_Live_ISO#Computer_Models_Verified_to_Boot
May 31, 2016
- Found some RepRap structural virality data at http://maytheclonebewithyou.com/.
- Included it in new version of thesis: D3D_Thesis#PDF_uploads
- Data collection scripts and such here: 
May 24, 2016
- New version of thesis uploaded D3D_Thesis#PDF_uploads
May 18, 2016
- Needed some data on other RepRap assembly workshops' toolchains. Found 22 workshops, but most with limited info. Summarized here: File:Assembly workshops data collection through web search.ods, published there: 3D_Printer_Workshops_Analysis_of_Industry_Standards#Workshops_List
May 13, 2016
- Uploaded thesis work in progress draft and made a place to put it: D3D_Thesis#PDF_uploads
- Contacted botbuilder.net asking for input on D3D-Porteus
April 22, 2016
- RepRap Wiki user MarcusWolschon has listed files needed to print RepRap assembly tools for workshops: 
- RepRap forums user xoan already made a Live ISO based on Debian with similar intentions as ours: 
April 18, 2016
- One new model in D3D_Live_ISO#Computer_Models_Verified_to_Boot
April 14, 2016
April 13, 2016
- Master's writing is going fairly well. Some development on D3D printer this week: D3D_Printer_Design_Process#Concept_Creation_Incomplete_Frame
- Two commits to branch new branch called 'stripped' in D3D_Printer repo
April 10, 2016
Mar 29, 2016
- Completing comments and some new models: D3D_Live_ISO#Computer_Models_Verified_to_Boot
Mar 26, 2016
- Elaborated distributive enterprise part a bit: D3D_Value_Proposition#Main_Points
- Three new models: D3D_Live_ISO#Computer_Models_Verified_to_Boot
- Three new models: D3D_Live_ISO#Computer_Models_Not_Booting_D3D_Porteus
- Documented payment model: D3D_Business_Plan#Tips_and_Tricks_for_Hosts
- First complete run with Quality Control Interface. See 3D_Printer_Quality_Control_Interface and https://github.com/tobbelobb/D3D-Printrun.
- Updated Marlin to give prettier output for QCface. See https://github.com/tobbelobb/D3D_Folgertech_Prusai3_Marlin.
- Initiated repo for D3D-Porteus: https://github.com/tobbelobb/D3D-Porteus
Mar 24, 2016
- Invited users of Porteus to better map which/how laptop models work with Porteus: https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5658
Mar 21, 2016
- 3D_Printer_Quality_Control_Interface ready for first test usage. See https://github.com/tobbelobb/D3D-Printrun
Mar 19, 2016
- Published repo for D3D-Printrun: https://github.com/tobbelobb/D3D-Printrun
Mar 18, 2016
- Prepared data collection form for workshop participants.
Mar 17, 2016
- Minor update to Slic3r settings in Porteus: File:D3D Workshop Configuration 64-bit 4.xzm
Mar 16, 2016
- Minor update to Marlin for D3D Porteus: File:Marlin in home.xzm. Transferred to Porteus USB at OSE.
Mar 15, 2016
Mar 11, 2016
Mar 10, 2016
- On compensating curved print beds: 
Mar 7, 2016
- Tobbens Adding Inductive Proximity Sensor Log#Data
- Tobbens Adding Inductive Proximity Sensor Log#Implementation
Mar 6, 2016
- Tobbens Adding Inductive Proximity Sensor Log
- New model added to D3D Live ISO#Computer Models Verified to Boot
Mar 5, 2016
- D3D_Folgertech_Prusai3_Marlin repo
- Tobbens Folgertech Kit Assembly Log
- Started a Python script for future automation of this pre-flight quality control, published here
Mar 4, 2016
- Reports on speed limit of cheapest and most easily built drive system of single threaded rod + stepper motor. Research suggesting anti-resonant drivers could be cheaper than aggressively threaded lead screws posted in forum thread.
- Tobbens Folgertech Kit Assembly Log
Mar 3, 2016
Mar 2, 2016
Feb 28, 2016
- Mapped OpenSCAD dependencies properly Dependency map
- Re-compiled OpenSCAD, uploaded new 64-bit iso: Porteus-D3D-Workshop-x86_64-v1.iso. Updated D3D Live ISO#Instructions link.
Feb 26, 2016
- Been through Dependency hell trying to compile CAD software to Porteus. OpenSCAD works now, FreeCAD doesn't.
Feb 25, 2016
Feb 24, 2016
- Published 64-bit Porteus ISO. See D3D Live ISO#Instructions Still lacks configured Marlin source code.
- Tried to compile FreeCAD. D3D Live ISO#Compilation of FreeCAD Abandoned because of difficulties with compiling Coin3.
- Documented creation of 64-bit Arduino package: D3D Live ISO#Arduino
Feb 23, 2016
- Compiled gcc-5.3.0 package for 64-bit version of Porteus and documented the process: D3D Live ISO#Choice of Compiler Version
- Compiled OpenSCAD package for Porteus and documented the process: D3D Live ISO#CAD Software
Feb 22, 2016
- Got OpenSCAD 2015.03 to work on the 32-bit Live USB.
- Uploaded ~600 MiB iso file here.
- Minor changes to D3D Live ISO
- D3D Live ISO#Steps to boot Porteus on Macbook Air 2011
Feb 21, 2016
- Made repo with D3D Porteus Live USB OS config files
- Compiled GCC 5.3.0 for use in 32-bit version of Porteus: xzm package link
Feb 19, 2016
- D3D Thesis#Line of Reasoning
- D3D Thesis#Background
- 3D Printer Build Plate
- Updated point 15 on Tobbens Folgertech Kit Unboxing Log
Feb 18, 2016
- Got iso size down from 493 MiB (517 MB) to 299 MiB (313 MB). See D3D Live ISO#Stripping it down and updated download link in D3D Live ISO#Instructions
- Completed Tobbens Folgertech Kit Unboxing Log with some images and clarifying comments
Feb 17, 2016
Feb 16, 2016
- Ordered four LJ12A3-4-Z/BX Inductive Proximity Sensor Switches.
- Ordered GT2 belts, pulleys and belt tensioning springs.
- Ordered signal switching 1N4148 diodes.
- Research On Inductive Proximity Sensors
- Updated File:Bed leveling and compensation comparison.ods with Thomas Sanladerer's recommendation and further comments on inductive sensing.
- Researched some brackets for induction sensor: Folgertech Kit#Candidates For Improvement Resolution
Feb 15, 2016
- New extensive Folgertech resource found: Folgertech Kit#Other Instructionals.
- Gcode Modularity
- More work on D3D Live ISO. Got Slic3r working nicely, and integrated with Pronterface. Got Arduino IDE working. Latest version ISO: Porteus_with_Pronterface_Slic3r_Arduino_and_D3D_Conf_v0.iso
- Prototype Planning
Feb 13, 2016
- Further Porteus config. Now handling Pronterface better, updated iso to v1. See D3D Live ISO#ISO images
Feb 11, 2016
Feb 9, 2016
- Experiment with 3D printing assembly manual using only OpenSCAD renders as visuals: Clerck assembly manual
- D3D Live ISO
- Helped by Andreas to create D3D Thesis Project Plan#Map of Deliverables to more easily manage myself and include others.
Feb 5, 2016
- Adjustments to lead screw sourcing forum post from yesterday.
- Ordered F6-12 thrust bearings for prototyping.
Feb 4, 2016
- Sourcing research on lead screws. Posted in forum thread.
- Igus links in D3D Printer Design Process#Practical viability of lead screws for 3D printing loads and speeds
- Ordered following products for lead screw prototyping: , , , , 
Feb 2, 2016
- Initiated 3D Printer Quality Control Research
- Initiated 3D Printer Extruder Research
- Researched 3D Printer Bed Leveling. See File:Bed leveling and compensation comparison.ods for full assessment matrix.
Feb 1, 2016
- Small change to Prusa i3 Build.
- New research and complete rewrite of 3D Printer Bed Leveling.
- Small change to 3D Printer Hot End Research.
- Initiated 3D Printer Print Surface Research.
Jan 30, 2016
- D3D Workshop Roadmap, D3D Workshop Slogans, Folgertech 2020 Prusa i3 build working document, Build Facebook post
Jan 29, 2016
- Meeting with Jonathan and Marcin.
- We should investigate bulk prices for key parts (like stepper motors)
- I (Tobben) should collect some stories from the people I've given printers to. Stories of people who got empowered and made some money with their new RepRap knowledge and machines.
- Thesis data collection nr 1 happens tomorrow when Folgertech Prusa i3 kit is assembled on the Factor e farm.
Jan 23, 2016
Jan 20, 2016
- Created forum thread asking for input on workshop kits.
Jan 19, 2016
- CADded LM8UU standard linear bearings into D3D Printer (see repo).
- Meeting on kit selection Kit considerations
- Prusa i3 Development
- 3D Printer Kit for Workshop Research
- 3D Printer Hot End Research
Jan 17, 2016
Jan 13, 2016
- Wrote D3D Thesis Project Plan, sent to examiner.
- More insights on lead screws on the forum thread.
- Verification from Vermont Rapid Prototyping that lead screws used by Trinitylabs lasts for at least 2 years. Put in D3D Printer Design Process#Practical viability of lead screws for 3D printing loads and speeds.
Jan 12, 2016
- Critical Path for Thesis Project, embedded in D3D Thesis Project Plan.
- 3xForce Sensing Resistors (Interlink Electronics FSR 400) for prototyping
- RAMBO v1.3 for prototyping
- 3D Printer Troubleshooting
Jan 11, 2016
Jan 10, 2016
- Some progress on the lead screw forum thread. Emailed more skillful developers.
- Read up on possible choices for D3D Printer Electronics. Ordered smooth rods with linear bearings (sizes 8 mmm and 10 mm) for prototyping. Ordered powdered graphite for lubrication testing.
Jan 9, 2016
- Verification of lead screw: working all-leadscrew 3D printer, Stepper Motor#Torque Tests, D3D Printer Design Process#Verification Steps Taken for Lead Screw .2B Stepper Motor Concept
- Contacted Moore International and Danish 3D for help with choice and supply of lead screws.
- Discovered Contraptor that tries to use the concept of modular linear motion units, put into D3D Thesis#Earlier Work.
- Read up on 3D Printer Bed Leveling.
- Summarized state of lead screw discussion in the RepRap community in a forum thread asking for further insights. Emailed various developers with lead screw designs, asking for experiences, thoughts, insights...
- 3D Printer Filament Load Sensor
Jan 8, 2016
- Some work on the D3D Design Methodology.
- Some usage of it logged in D3D Printer Design Process.
- Meeting with Marcin, initiated Critical Path doc.
Jan 7, 2016
- Checked/commented on lifetimes: Stepper Motor#Lifetime, FFF Extruder, Lead Screw
- Structuring of 3D printer design work: D3D Printer Design Process, D3D Design Methodology.
- Structured wiki pages such that D3D Thesis is a sub-project of D3D Fusion. Changed D3D Fusion Project Plan to reflect this and initiated D3D Thesis Project Plan.
- The thesis project aims to bootstrap the D3D Workshop Kit.
- Explained structure in D3D Fusion#Naming and Links
Jan 6, 2016
- Meeting with Andreas S, Work Breakdown Structure, D3D Team Project Charter.
- Meeting with Marcin Long term Distributive Enterprise Milestones
- Wrote something on D3D Fusion thesis#Funding Mechanisms for Open Source Work
Jan 5, 2016
Jan 4, 2016
- Wrote some Project Plan stuff on Overleaf. 3h meeting with Marcin. Finished OSE NEGOTIATION INVITATION.
Jan 3, 2016
- Defined moving part of D3D Printer's linear actuator. Reorganized code and wrote README (see Github repo).
Jan 2, 2016
- Added D3D Fusion printer design#Weight calculation for steel sheet frame and D3D Fusion printer design#Motor placement to wiki. Two minor commits in Github repo.
Dec 31, 2015
Dec 30, 2015
- Meeting with Marcin. Started Tech Tree of Choices for D3D Printer.
Dec 28, 2015
- Reworked l_plate and basic frame (see Github repo).
Dec 27, 2015
- First rough visualization of D3D Fusion Printer done (see Github repo).
Dec 26, 2015
- Meeting with Marcin. Finished D3D Requirements together.
Dec 25, 2015
- Some progress in Github repo.
Dec 25, 2015
- Made Github repo for D3D Printer OpenSCAD design.
Dec 23, 2015
- Wrote something on the D3D Printer design. D3D Fusion Printer Design Needs to be fitted into a template.
Dec 22, 2015
- Work on visa application process. Skype meeting with Marcin. Discussion points:
- Torbjorn DEF Agreement. DEF=Distributive Enterprise Fellow, under the EIR program. Including workshop schedule and number, and your tentative arrival date, and details regarding your university.
- Locking in design requirements - D3D Requirements - both overall and module by module
- Defining the 'story' for the thesis. D3D Thesis Story.
- Beginning discussion on the tech tree of choices that we select to move forward - meaning specific implementation path for each module
- Found some data: 
- Nice discussion on hangout, got some text produced from it: 
- Asked for data on RepRap Freenode IRC chat. Generated discussion about Prusa i3 Steel. Didn't read it all, so putting it here for future reference: Cut_From_Freenode_RepRap_22_Dec
Dec 21, 2015
- Initiated Project Plan D3D Fusion project plan. This is what Martin must approve before we can move on. Made thesis skeleton D3D Fusion thesis#Thesis Skeleton from template in course documentation. Limited progress in FreeCAD.
Dec 19, 2015
- Commented proposed D3D requirements: Talk:D3D Requirements. Added Lyman extruder to Open Source Filament Extruders. See Power Tool Construction Set.
Dec 16, 2015
- Presented some 3d printer design ideas in D3D Fusion printer design.
Dec 15, 2015
- Summarized short research about prior work of Prusa: D3D Fusion thesis#Earlier Work
Sun Dec 13, 2015
- Wrote short D3D Fusion#Business norms and science norms comparison between DE norms and science norms.
Thu Dec 10, 2015
- Initiated D3D Fusion thesis sketch. Also did a little overview on Large Scale Fused Pellet Fabrication. Got an overview of the MOST lab's work. Put in in D3D Fusion thesis.