OSE 4 Year Program
OSE's core role is education for transformation. Our 8 year PhD equivalent of rigor takes an individual from physical productive prowess to the ability to build infill or de-novo microcivilizations aligned with OSE values. The program rollout involves a replicable 24 person Seed Eco-Home enterprise model, a 240 person Village enterprise model, and the ability to lead the founding of an OSE Campus anywhere in the world, at a population scale of a small university and functioning as a model community with Ultimate Responsibility.
It is free online. Those who want to take exams, pay for the actual certification. Equal opportunity means you can study it on your own. Power of formal school program is the relationships and access to resources. Exams are rigorous and practical, such as designing and building things.
People opt in for the actual live lectures. Course materials are well-organized, and everyone follows them. Those who opt in means that they get paid.
See the curriculum at OSE Abundance Curriculum
Key Value Proposition
Since knowledge is power, the best way to distribute power is by making practical knowledge widely accessible- for transformative human enterprise across all sectors. This would not be possible without Universal Basic Assets - or open sector capital which levels the playing field for execution.
- School is connected to enterprise to provide self-funded growth capacity, while providing practical work, while connecting the work to an innovation focus - where the enterprise provides a virtual cycle for funding and constant improvement - while making everything accessible to the world thus gaining high social capital with a regenerative effect on society including bridging of the classes
- All revenue goes to improving the education program and producing enabling Universal Basic Assets across the globe:
- Rapid Learning Facility development for any area of endeavor
- Seeding of meaningful global discussion by means of a forum platform that assists practitioners while transforming armchair theorists to produce useful input
- State of the World - Solving Pressing World Issues series - topical whitepapers for integrated solutions
- Ability to recruit top advisors, teachers, and mentors who contribute their time to the platform
- Education program - based on modular product ecosystems, involves students in new product design. Products include artifacts, organizations, and institutions
- Competitive with top universities, but based on moral intelligence foundation. Service to humanity, for which perhaps US military academies are most well respected for?
- Lifelong learnign for lifetime design, placing humanity on a new level of existence
- Freeloader dilemma is addressed by the skill set and mindset training required for the beneficial use of Universal Basic Assets - there is no free lunch - the responsibility is in becomeing more responsible. Money is never a barrier, as education + effort can always substitute for financial capital.
See how this plays a part in Expansion.
We are creating a one-of-a-kind apprenticeship program, the OSE Apprinticeship. The Apprenticeship involves a 50/50 work-study program for people seeking a long-term investment and a life journey of solving pressing world issues by transforming the infrastructures and institutions of society towards higher effectiveness in providing everyones' needs.
OSE Education teaches participants starting at the 18-26 age level the mindset and skill set of solving pressing world issues. For this to happen, the process starts with learning how to learn and think, learning values of moral philosophy, building character, learning personal mastery to the point of enabling self-determination, learning about purpose of something larger than oneself, and becoming an integrated human who is a steward and builder of the world around them. We focus on open, collaborative, scalable processes. Students learn first principles thinking to understand what is possible physically, and how society can be shaped within the bounds of natural life support systems. Students learn to communicate and negotiate, towards win-win situations, a minsdet of abundance, and the ability to wire oneself for inner strength, resilience, and sublimation - based on a high capacity for effective production as a means to guarantee prosperity as a foundation for meaningful pursuits. This learning focuses on socratic dialogue, rapid learning of technical skill, and direct applications to pressing world issues. Pressing world issues are defined through, first, a survey of key mental models across all human disciplines of endeavor, identifying unsolved issues, and applying the OSE philosophy and model of change. OSE's model of change is effective design towards a world that can guarantee an abundance of basic assets for thriving so that people can focus on the true purpose in their lives. The focus of OSE work is open, collaborative design - and the creation of the Open Sector for addressing the fundamental economic issue of equitable resource distribution. The program is completely hands-on, with 50/50 work/study. The work part involves building Seed Eco-Homes, with competency-based pay for construction work. The outcome is construction management skill for running 24 person crews at the end of the 4 year study, or sooner if the individual learns faster. The initial breakdown of time is 30 hours of work and 10 hours of study per week, increasing to 20/20 work/study, as soon as competency in gained in the build of the entire house from start to finish. We have 2 tracks for the 4 year apprenticeship. One is for construction management, where we will be hiring our apprentices to run Seed Eco-Home Rapid Learning Facilities or to build such operations in other locations, and the Continuing Learning track, where apprentices take on another 4 years of graduate study. While the 4 year apprenticeship developed the mindset and skill-set of global problem solving, the graduate program will focus on further immersion towards understanding and redesigning the infrastructures and institutions of civilization. The goal is to transform existing infrastructures and institutions to meet needs more effectively. Graduates will gain proficiency in integrated civilization design, and our goal is for our graduates to continue working on building the OSE ecosystem of goods and services (products, institutions, infrastructures, cultures) for model communities worldwide. Specifically, the total 8 year immersion enables our graduates to build a new OSE Campus in another location, and start a journey of lifelong learning. The OSE Campus is effectively a place that funds progressive research and development, building or rebuilding the surrounding economy. The OSE Campuses are intended to be model communities built around open sector development, using state of art integration such that the community is a center for cultural and scientific advancement for the next economy. We are interested in creating the open, collaborative economy beyond artificial scarcity, poverty, and war. The funding model is self-funding, where the productive endeavors undertaken by each Campus constitute a robust revenue model that meets needs effectively, with open knowhow and closed-loop material cycles.
We are recruiting a founding cohort of 24 apprentices, who prove out a replicable model for building state of art Seed Eco-Homes at a rate of one house per week - while getting immersed in the discipline and purpose of open collaboration for solving pressing world issues. Our program is designed to bootstrap a long-term development process for reinventing a civilization with character and purpose.
Program 1 - 2023
- Go to school. 200 cohort.
- Start 200 integrated PV manufactories, in 200 countries. Starts from raw sand, goes to silicon, melts aluminum from scrap, produces vinegar from apples and acetylene from wood, and purchases palladium catalyst for EVA, and boron + phosphorus pastes. Rest is history.
Summary: we learn about pressing world issues half the time, and the rest of time we build things to cross-subsidize our efforts in global regeneration.
People: Thus, we are looking for people with the potential to become Level 6 Leaders.
Long: In OSE School, you learn how to think, use mental models, how to be creative, how to recall things, how to write and speak, how to count, and first principles of science. You also learn performance psychology, what good character is, how to be an admired leader, and about emotional intelligence, body intelligence, and relational Intelligence - culminating in ability to meditate, maintain focus, and cultivate self esteem. You learn to negotiate, while practicing service through Solving Pressing World Issues. The course is intended for post bachelor's study or equivalent based on competency. Work-study is part of the program, including for those who need financial aid. This study deconstructs human infrastructures and systems, and creates new ones as needed as part of hands-on projects. The intended outcome is Self-determination towards the evolution of life, culture, and science.
To build anything, one must be literate, numerate, capable of problem-solving by pattern recognition, and have a knowledge of basic physics such that any design can be derived from first-principles thinking with unherd-of creativity and technical rigor at the same time. Modern information tools can help.
The curriculum consists of learning how to think and learning how to solve problems, while expanding one's consciousness to be able to think creatively, across disciplines, with systems thinking.
The OSE School is the OSE Apprenticeship.
Curriculum for OSE's Mastery Learning (Extreme Learning Program)and Apprenticeship:
- Class - Friday is 3 hours of immersion lecture
- Build - each student engages in work-study by building Seed Eco-Homes - mastering every aspect of infrastructure construction while building a house.
- Year 1 focuses on the house up to Extreme Build competency, at which point students may transition to 1/4 time construction and 1/4 time design. The rest is integrated studies towards becoming an integrated human.
- Year 2 shifts to metal, Year 3 to concrete, and Year 4 is a project where the entire class works on a product release to add to the OSE public repository of Open Sector enterprise.
- In grad school, students master Hydrogen, silicon, and precision fabrication. In year 7-8, students work 75% on their thesis, which is once again collaborative as a class project with about 200 people, and geared toward a product release of a more ambitious product ecosystem.
- General subjects, such as learning how to count. But it gets from zero to advanced mental models including Baseline, Multiplication by Zero, etc. Describes how to know everything. Constants and empirical info vs derived quantities. Hacks. Creating a reduced language. Creating a Construction Set
Priority Product Releases for Bootstrap Funding
- 3D Printer + CNC machines - CNC torch etc
- Plastic recycling infrastructure
- Aquaponic greenhouse standalone product
- Average student to teacher ratio is 18:1 at colleges 
4 Year Program
The 4 year program is a liberal education for world-change agents interested in an entrepreneurial approach to problemsolving. In essence, we teach people how to think, how to form correct mental models, how to grasp the Art of Possibility, and how to tap into Neuroplastic Sublimation. Since ideas are cheap, this is backed with practice. The practice of Solving Pressing World Issues. The 4 year program culminates with the collaborative effort of 4 years' classes, starting with an initial cohort of 24 in the first year. The goal is to create something that didn't exist before as an ultimate expression of the art of possibility - with a focus on collaborative literacy to get there as an interdisciplinary team. Because this schooling is not separated from real life - the students will work half time - and this revenue funds ongoing development. Our goals are ambitious, such that starting from 24 people and scaling to the Open Source Economy - which is a trillion dollar-scale effort - means that we allocate all of our revenue to growth of the open source economy. For example, if we start with the Seed Eco-Home as a revenue model, a product release of a tractor may be beyond the scope of the first cohort - but subsequent cohorts can engage with the tractor fully. Such that we backfill a fully open source technology stack right down to steel, concrete, and silicon. Only by growth do we address team-building required for a transition to the open source economy.
- Year 1. Learning how to think. Congratulations: if you went to school you were likely dumbed down from your native genius level. No worries - in one year we promise to bring you back up to your original genius and then some. We first unlearn bad practice, and replace it with good practice by learning how to read, write, count, and logic. Year 1 Narrative, Assumptions, and Mental Model. Add to it the OSE_4_Year_Program#Narrative for about 50% of the time - where the technical skills are learned only after the basics of thinking, communicating, mental models, grit, character, and principles of peak performance are learned.
- Mental Models
- How to Count
- On Writing Well
- How to Make Decisions
- Mental Bias
- Design Class - how to design a product in any area (mechanics, optics, semiconductor, propulsion, energy, etc). 5 classes: Mechanics, Materials, Electronics, and Precision Design, Bionics, and Algorithms (applied numeracy for AI, CV, computation). Each is comprehensive.
- Work Breakdown Structures
- Transformative Collaborative Literacy
- Computer literacy - sysadmin, security, cryptography, building a computer, building a server, building a wiki, starting a forum, starting a WordPress site, computer backups, multiple operating systems, containers, gitlab, local area networks, print servers, wireless control, wireless network control, other frequencies (short wave radio), satellite communications, internet between radio towers, and distributed private networks, router bandwidth control, algorithms, ai, cv, python, and mini computers for machine control.
- Conflict resolution, negotiation, peacetime strategy, and military strategy.