Marcin Log - April 2013
- 1 Mon Apr 29, 2013
- 2 Sun Apr 28, 2013
- 3 Saturday Apr 27, 2013
- 4 Tue Apr 23, 2013
- 5 Mon Apr 22, 2013
- 6 Sun Apr 21, 2013
- 7 Sat Apr 20, 2013
- 8 Fri Apr 19, 2013
- 9 Thu Apr 18, 2013
- 10 Wed Apr 17, 2013
- 11 Tue Apr 16, 2013
- 12 Mon Apr 15, 2013
- 13 Sun Apr 14, 2013
- 14 Sat Apr 13, 2013
- 15 Fri Apr 12, 2013
- 16 Thu Apr 11, 2013
- 17 Wed Apr 10, 2013
- 18 Tue Apr 9, 2013
- 19 Mon Apr 8, 2013
- 20 Sat Apr 6, 2013
- 21 Fri Apr 5, 2013
- 22 Thu Apr 4, 2013
- 23 Wed Apr 3, 2013
- 24 Tue Apr 2, 2013
- 25 Mon Apr 1, 2013
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Sun Apr 28, 2013
Saturday Apr 27, 2013
Doc Jam - documenting Taxonomy Session - https://drive.google.com/#folders/0BwJSOhVDu4bQSU1hZkhUc0cyMms
- Intro video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxjiVYHVfSM
- Links to oManual standard proposed to IEEE - http://cl.ly/3i0C0O0a1s0e ; schema files - https://github.com/ifixit/omanual
- Starting with oManual as a standard file format for open source hardware documentation from iFixit
- Schema is defined for oManual file format - it can be verified
- Discussing use case of BOMs - where a step has parts associated with it - so you can pull out dynamic BOMs from oManual files
- Versioning is a spec that oManual is working on
- There is an open source Android app for viewing iFixit projects
- Ex: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/OSHW-OSE-CNC+Torch+Table-v2+Technique/13995/1
- Free Dozuki hosting for open source projects - http://www.dozuki.com/Sales/plans/free
- Thing tracker came up - http://thingtracker.net/#specification
- Bunny Huang - http://www.bunniestudios.com/ - how to do a proper BOM blog post - http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?page_id=2812
- Maven POM Files - The Dashboard for a piece of open hardware
- oManual + Thingtracker + Maven POM File
- Dashboard File or Manifest -
- Open Virtualization Format - http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/OSHW-OSE-CNC+Torch+Table-v2+Technique/13995/1
- https://github.com/ifixit/ifixitandroid - open source app for doing documentation completely with mobile app
- Noontime Update: Decided to take OSHW Dime Update: Decided to refactor OSHW Documentation Taxonomy to (1) Most Essential and (2) Secondary Items - towards arriving at a shared standard.
- Rich Snippets in google - can it allow you to search just open hardware
- http://schema.org/CreativeWork - taxonomy that is already established
- Kurt Tomlinson - http://www.openhardwarehub.com/ - .oproject - it has an XML schema for validation. .oproject and .omanual formats. https://github.com/kurttomlinson/oProject
- Twitter embeds can be done - ex -
Tue Apr 23, 2013
Revising final contracts for new people. Major site cleanup day: 13 people on site. OSHW Documentation 5 Slides in 2 Minutes. Making Society's Mathilde Berchon will be at the First Doc Jam, to collaborate on blogging. How to Find an Industrial Designer from Making Society. Coroflot directory of Industrial Designers.
Mon Apr 22, 2013
Sun Apr 21, 2013
Study of prior art Open Source Stepper Motor Drivers. Stepper Motor Calculations. Prior art on Open Source Rotary Encoder. Downloaded Fritzing OS circuit design. Precision Machining Construction Set. Editing CNC Machine.
Sat Apr 20, 2013
Spreading First Annual Report through networks. Working on Trucktor Suspension Module. Annual Report Mailing List for 2012. Udoo Arduino Linux Android Computer. The Spark Press Release. Blogged and spread social media - see First Annual Report and Team 2013 Blog Post. LifeTrac Wheel Model.
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Site walkthrough with Elliot and Gary for cleanup. Moving forward on Microtrac drive, tracks, and did Conceptual Design of Truck Suspension. Planning rapid prototyping via Lulzbot and Lasersaur. Did Sketchup Cube Test in 42 minutes. Updating Design Rules for Tractor Construction Set.
Thu Apr 18, 2013
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Frames Sandbox. OSE IP Rescue Operations. Got Rob Kirk going on first explainer videos - to submit a plan for the next 5-10 uber-explainers on OSE, language agnostic. Continued with Gary on prototyping planning, team building, and documentation infrastructure. Negotiating 50 kW Wind Turbine. Rationale for Open Publishing.
Sun Apr 14, 2013
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Sending out contracts, found Man with a Truck to do site cleanup. Cohabitat Open Source Ecosystems and Fab Lab Lodz. PCB Milling on Shapeoko. Laser Cutter 3D Printer. Buildlog Laser for under $900 + Tube + PS. Open Source Selective Sintering Laser 3D Printer. Small CNC Router Reviews. Updating OSE Open IP Clause.
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Finalizing contracts, setting up backup power grid, beginning cleanup, signing on summer internship students. Wiring Calculations. Upgrading power for induction furnace prototyping. OSE Full Printed Explainer Treatment, with Sketchup Tractor Construction Set and Tractor Construction Set Design Guide. Air Cooled 1600cc VW Engine.
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Looking forward to breakthrough prototyping in 2013 after spring cleanup. Turned on power, hot water, stove, shop power. Tractor and truck start right up.
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Sat Apr 6, 2013
Finalizing Prototyping Plan Q2 2013. Updated OSE Task List for outstanding tasks towards organizational efficiency. Downloaded 123D Catch and ran in Wine on Ubuntu. First sample of mouse failed, just had little tidbits of mouse sample. 130W Laser Cutter. 200W Laser Cutter - 1-6 mm cutting in metal? Cheapest 40W Laser. Graph of Small Laser Metal Cutting Capacity. Sample 30 IPM Cut Rate. Laser Tube Prices. 150W Lasers. OSHW-OSE-CNC Torch Table continued. Open Source Stepper Motor Controllers. Working on SDF Talk, and meeting Jerri Chou of The Feast. OSHW-NORTD-Lasersaur Status.DXF to G Code Converters.
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Finalizing Shuttleworth approval of new hires. Redesigning Ironworker for fabrication in a single day. Revisiting gasifier burner, heat exchanger, and steam engine + other projets - Prototyping Plan 2013 Negotiations such as CNC Gantry Mill and Modern Steam Engine Plan 2013. Request and Offer Protocol. Received email from Darcy Cunningham on semantic media wiki. Simone will run Open Space Technology for the Doc Jam. Continuing SDF Talk. Notes on Speaking Engagements from Micheal Bungay-Stanier. Thoughts on Autonomous Work Contributions. Started formalizing Technical Review Team. Case for open source development - Cornish Steam Engine.
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Continuing 3 Month Prototyping Plan 2013 with Tractor Construction Set and Technical Review Team. Scalable Hay Rake. UCSD Global Ties. Eric Lang on 50kW Wind Turbine. Spaceframe Bicycle. OSE Materials Science Needs.
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Continuing 3 Month Prototyping Plan 2013, working with Adrian on operations settling. 4 candidates in the running for positions - negotiating all. Manufacturing nonprofit in Haiti - foundry - AECP. Pilot Project Skeleton. David Doherty.