Survey of Everything
To Solve Pressing World Issues, one first must learn everything about everything.
Each Class Day (Friday typically) consists of lively discussion where we dive right into exploring mental models related to understanding how the world works. With intent to ready our minds for collaborative design of solutions. We ask the 6 Questions of the Socratic Method. Then we document that topic. Each person in the class picks a subtopic, searches the internet a bit and does other reconnaisance - and presents to the class at the end of the day: teaching others something that they learned. Based on wiki materials, outside sources, and focusing on collaborative learning skills and a transition to the open source economy. Participants can pass, and make their presentation as long or short as possible, aiming for 2 minute bytes backed up by a Presentation or simple video or screenshare. Ideally, the participants use online tools or other practical devices to . If this is a useful practice, we continue. If not, we figure out ways to make it interesting. During this time, we practice online documentation and collaborative literacy.
This class is ongoing, and it keeps refining its materials. Eventually, we publish various design guides, onboarding materials, such as The OSE Way. Collaborators are welcome.
For generic problemsolving, we ask questions, seek solutions - guided by the OSE Core.
The goal of the 4 year immersion is to open up the student to a comprehensive and broad outlook on the world and equip them with the mindset to act like we are all in it together that is collaboratively to solve pressing world issues. How do you measure such a mindset? A person will have to demonstrate first a survey of knowledge on existing current mental models on the states of art in human areas of endeavor and on the history of civilization. This has to be matched by practical skills that empower the individual to believe that they are capable of tackling any problem that they choose. This is on the level of not points technologies but systems change and systems design where we simply reimagine existing institutions based on known critiques of civilization and implement the new versions. 4 years of time is just sufficient to expands one's mindset and to introduce the principles of collaborative literacy necessary to solve pressing world issues. Any students continuing will gain additional responsibilities in terms of technical execution based on the firm mindset.
We are operating here under the assumption that integrated knowledge and systems thinking and integrative thinking and boundary crossing is the only way that we can make sense of the complex systems around us we take this on with the understanding that is it is futile to continue in the current disciplinary mindset to gain any meaningful understanding of how things work for solving pressing world issues.
Once we see the systems connections and gain practical skills to build things we become omnipotent in our ability to tackle BHAG+ problems. That is the goal
Everything is done here with respect to reinforcing the core, so we can focus on change.
Minsdset of Collaborative Problemsolving of All Pressing World Issues
- It is possible with time-binding for globalizing participation - the internet and PV panels exist today
- Degeneracy of needs and tools to get there - we all eat and live in a home, and need basic functionality from our tools to survive and thrive.
- We have plenty of energy, providing a solid foundation for material abundance.
- We are not alone. We are all in it together. Find a way to understand this. See Socratic Method and
Survey of World Knowledge
- Survey of All Human Knowledge
- Survey of all historical knowledge (famous people and the mental models imposed by them) and its limits
- Survey of the state of art in all disciplines: natural sciences, social, technological.
- Survey of Big Questions and Big Unanswered Qeustions
- Survey of Cultures and Their Psychography
- Survey of Impossible Problems and Sublimation
- The OSE Mental Model of Change
- Collaborative Literacy
- OSE Specifications
- OSE Vision
- OSE Mission
- OSE Strategy
- OSE Tactics
- OSE Culture
- OSE Values
- OSE Hedgehog Concept
- Breaking the Iron Triangle
- Swarm Builds and Extreme Manufacturing and Extreme Enterprise method
- Solving Pressing World Issues
- Economic freedom to pursue transformation via Bootstrap Enterprise
- Learning antifragility: problemsolving, creativity, vision, growth mindset, personality, character, and neuroplastic sublimation for self-efficacy
Core Technical Skill
- Personal and Political Transformation
- Physical Numeracy
- Collaborative Literacy
- The Art of Possibility
- Speed Reading
- Learning How to Learn
- Learning How to Teach
- Learning How to Speak
- Good to Great
- Great by Choice - how do we implement this to society?
- FreeCAD 101
- Module-Based Design and the Construction Set Approach of the Global Village Construction Set and the Open Building Institute
- Construction Tools Used in the Seed Eco-Home
- Design Guides - Meta Design Guide.
- Power Cube Construction Set
- Tractor Construction Set
- Frame Construction Set
- Psychosocial Integration
- OSE Psychology
- Logic, AI, and How to Build a Computer
- Open Source Everything Store - adding products to a wiki online template.
- Artificial Scarcity
- Distributive Enterprise and Distributed Market Substitution
- Technological Recursion - abundant energy to free materials
- Data Collection and Continuous Improvement - how do we collect data? Platform for doing so.
- Rapid Learning Infrastructures
- How to Design and Build Just About Anything - builing upon the Fab Academy to create rapid learning curriculum for OSE, but adding collaboration.
- Collaborative Fundraising - how to generate resources in our ample spare time.
- Solar Steel and Solar Concrete
- Solar Hydrogen
- How to Read
- How to Create
- How to Count
- How to Learn
- How to Genius
- How to Negotiate
- How to Communicate
- How to Speak. Comedy and Drama.
- How to Use and Maintain Your Body. Food, sleep, exercise, subtle exercise.
- Open Source Video Production
- Open Source Graphic Design
- How to Set up a Server
- Robotics & Automation
- Wireless Transmissio and Communication
- Drones - Ardupilot
- Beagle Board - automation and sensor projects of all sorts
- Sensors - all kinds
- PV Manufacturing
- IC Manufacturing