3D Printer Genealogy
(Redirected from D3D Genealogy)
- Kittaz - 2014
- Folgertech Prusa i3 - 2016; deprecated, entry level model for quick learning; not high on OSE Spec of modularity + scalability.
- D3D - builds started in 2017 - using the Universal Axis system. Open Source Ecology headquarters.
- D3D Germany - Oliver
- D3D Australia - German
- D3D Saudi Arabia
- D3D v18.01 - 12" bed, steel frame
- D3D_Ohio_v18.02 - PVC pipe 12" bed
- D3D v18.04 - PVC pipe, 8" bed
- D3D v18.06 - Lawrence Build. Main trunk, 8" version.
- D3D v18.06.12 - Ruslan in Hamburg - fork with aluminum frame.
- D3D v18.06.21 - Oregon Build. Main trunk, 8" bed.
- D3D v18.07 - Main trunk. 8" bed.
- D3D v18.08 - Main Trunk Continued
- D3D v18.09 - Remove Magnets, Use JB Weld + Plastic Bearings
- D3D v18.09.1 - back to Titan Aero
- D3D v18.10 - (renamed from D3D v18.09.2 for simplicity). Uses Titan Aero. Full Product Release as in our official current D3D Manaul v18.10 - the 3D Printer Manual
- D3D v18.11 - 12" bed version.
- D3D v18.12 - new omnidirectional fan shroud from Lulzbot Mini 2
- D3D_Mini_PVC - 2019 February current work on a smaller, low-cost version. Optimization goal for fast, high quality printing via frame stabilization.
- D3D v19.02 - Similar to D3D v18.10 but using 12" frame, 8" print bed, and Titan Aero with Volcano nozzle. End stops optimized for space, and Y parallel optimized for automatic parallel of axes. Future work: rubber-optimized extruder at low cost using D3D Mill for aluminum milling.
- As of 12/3/18 v18.10 - known bugs are: positive bump endstop holder does not fit around motor just by 1 mm, whereas magnets worked before as they had play. Print Cooling Fan: needs nozzle optimization. X axis mounting: needs procedure optimization for axis tightness. Print area: using 2016 extruder holder eats up bed space; need to optimize bed space. Print volume: optimize extruder mounting to access 3" of additional vertical space with horizontal X axis mounting. Needs: 3D Printer Workbench Specification. End cable chain: needs bigger hole. Fan mount: thinner + 100% print
Production Engineering Improvements
- Idler detail - nut catcher cleaning + half circle cleaning
- Carriage - half circle cleaning
- Motor - hole cleaning, nut catcher cleaning
- Endstops - get rid of them via trinamic or modify bump version
- Spool holder - hole fit
- Sensor holder - sensor fit
- Note that D3D_Part_Library#Assembly_Index contains the simplified assemblies. These are to be used any time that a new version of the 3D printer is to be designed from scratch.
- Simplified axis files - X, Y, Z - the smallest ones today are also used on the D3D CNC Circuit Mill
- D3D Integration has files that are on the order of 5MB and 1MB for each axis. Still too large for prototyping.