3D Scanner/Research Development
|Home | Research & Development | Bill of Materials | Manufacturing Instructions | User's Manual | User Reviews|
Research pertaining to the 3D Scanner.
From Wikipedia 
- Tomography - provides internal features. . There is an open source 12 pixel project - Open Source Computed Tomography. CERN also has open source CT code - 
- Laser - time of flight, reflection
- Structured light
- Camera based - sterescopic (comparing 2 cameras), and photogrammetric (many images from one camera)
- Contact (coordinate measuring machine)
- MakerScanner, uses a PS3 webcam (which cost about $40) and a few parts that can be 3D printed.
- FLMScan, by Robert Meisenecker from the FabLab Münich
- Aleph Objects 3D Scanner Forum Thread