Nickel-Iron Battery/Research Development
|Home | Research & Development | Bill of Materials | Manufacturing Instructions | User's Manual | User Reviews|
Research pertaining to Battery development.
===Patent Review whitepaper - File:Nifepatents.zip
- Battery Research Gregor Unedited library research notes.
- Battery Chemistry Comparison Comparison between potential battery chemistries to see if there might be something better than nickel iron for OSE purposes. Summary: Zinc bromine may well be better, see zinc bromine pages for details.
Variables and Formulas
10 cell with flat plates
- Quoted $200 each on 2/5/18 for 400A, 1.2V battery from ZhuHai CIYI Battery Co.,Ltd, battery model CYNF400. Price FOB Shenzhen. But just look at the discharge cycles - 62 years at 50% DoD if daily discharge. $400/kWh. Price for 10 batteries will be + $280 for shipping to Kansas City.
- Another quote from Seawill Technology Co. is TN800 - 1.2V -800Ah - 57.5kg - $349 each, so 40 are a $13960 total, $710 shipping to KC
Due to people's attempts to edit things on the wiki that were started but never finished, some valuable information has been lost from the nickel iron project in recent revisions of some wiki pages. In particular, if you are interested in the nickel iron project, I have a collection of high quality documents from the peer reviewed literature that will be quite helpful. Email me at Gregorfolouk@hotmail.com and I will send you the documents though. Edit: here is the file you can download with all the docs http://kiwi6.com/file/7u7r1fm2ys The service is supposed to host it in perpetuity but we'll see.
Here is a list of the document titles, and other information from the last intact copy of the page I had built for the nickel iron project before it was torn up, for more information search the titles on google scholar.
- Y-Combinator discussion - 
- Walk-through of Edison's battery factory including how the batteries are made - Nickel-Iron_Battery/Manufacturing_Instructions
- Wikipedia: Battery
- Comparison of Lithium Ion to Nickel Iron batteries from Tesla Motors - . Copied to OSE Wiki for archival purposes - Nickel Iron vs Lithium Ion Battery from Tesla Motors.
- Example of DIY build - 
- Stanford fast NiFe battery - . It's useful to contact the researchers
- Nuts and Volts article on the NiFe Battery - 
- Edison Battery improvements - 
- Patent - nickel oxide hydroxide electrodes - 
- Good discussion on OSE Workshops FB page -