Bioplastic Extruder/Research Development
|Home | Research & Development | Bill of Materials | Manufacturing Instructions | User's Manual | User Reviews|
Cellophane is reformulated cellulose (wood), produced via an acid and base dunk of sawdust. This may be used in glazing. Car bodies may be made; the original car bodies for Ford were soybean-derived bioplastics.
Polylactic acid (PLA) can be made by fermenting starch or with hay in silage.
Mycelium can be placed in a mold with grain husks, wheat straw or any of a wide variety of other biomass (with different end product results) and be made into a variety of useful products, including a durable closed cell foam substitute.
- plastics extrusion
- Wikipedia: Plastics Extrusion
- Wikipedia: Thermoforming
- Wikipedia: Vacuum Forming
- Wikipedia: Injection Molding
- Strictly Extrusion
- Society of Plastics Engineers
- SPE Online Technical Library
Open Source Extruders
- Precious Plastic - prototype filament maker. Note that the hopper feed mechanism appears to be robust, so that regrind can be used readily.
- Compare to Lyman Filament Extruder, which works well with pellets, but it is not clear if it would work robustly with regrind.
Do different plastics mix well for making 3D printing filament? Yes, there are good combinations shown at 
- Good examples: PC/PET, ABS/PVC. For PC/PET - that could be a good combination mixing best properties of both.
- Waste Plastic Extruder: Literature Review
- Plastic Extrusion & Molding
- Upper Austria Green Biorefinery
- Polyethylene from Ethanol
Horsepower, heating power, and screw size will determine throughput.
- Extruders on Ebay - $3k up - 30 hp motor, 1.5 - 
- Greiner-GCE-30-F-CO-Extruder-Plastics-Processing-Machine-30mm-1-1811-034-Screw - $4500 on Ebay - info PDF - [greiner-extrusion-group.com/files/greiner/downloads/Greiner%20Extrusion%20Group_Fact%20Sheet%20Co-Extruder_GCE_DE_EN.pdf]. Smallest one is 10kW - 5kW motor, and 2 zones of barrel heating at 1 kW each, and 2 zones of toolhead heating at 1 kW each.
Related search that may be useful or merged/integrated